Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Before I kick the bucket I'd like to...


"As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death" - Leonardo da Vinci

What top five things would I like to do before I die? These answers will probably change over time...then again, they might not.

Attend a Black Tie New Year's Eve Party in New York
I think the movie, "When Harry Met Sally" planted the seed in my head for this one. I love how BIG this kind of New Year's Eve celebration is, especially since I live on the West Coast. It would involve a lot of planning, but I believe it can definitely be accomplished before I kick it.

Have an authentic and deep, loving relationship with a fabulous man.
This makes the list because I'm a romantic to the very core. Dont' get me wrong...I am having a wonderful time living my life with just my daughter right now. At the same time, I'm looking forward to someone spectacular to share my life with. To have that kind of deep, long-lasting companionship would be an incredible experience.

Travel the world with my daughter.
I have barely traveled in my 37 years on this earth and I'd like to change that. Just the few places I've been has had such a profound effect on my perspective, so I can only imagine how my daughter would respond to it. I would love to just watch her face as she witnesses foreign lands for the first time.

Climb the Eiffel Tower
When I say, "climb" I mean take the stairs. Why, you ask? Well, why not? Anyone can take the elevators. I want to walk up and look out. Even. though. I. am. terrified. of. heights.

Yikes!

Be with someone while they "cross over"
I think this makes the list because I have a feeling I could be with someone while they die and make it quite comfortable for them, while also being quite comfortable myself. The spirit's departure would be oddly beautiful and I'd love to celebrate that cross-over with someone dear to me, if I get the chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment